Reliable, Fast, RBI
In Rural Areas.
We specialise in providing internet access anywhere you want it.
RBI Wireless Broadband Plans
What Our Customers Think
RBI Wireless Facts
RBI (Rural Broadband Initiative) is the government’s initiative to provide fast broadband to areas outside the urban copper and fibre networks. It uses long range fixed wireless towers to provide broadband coverage to homes and businesses within range.
The wireless signal is received straight from the modem, meaning there’s no need for an antenna to be installed on your roof. We make it simple by avoiding the need of an installer saving you valuable time and money. If you find yourself out of ‘PnP’ (Plug and Play) coverage then you will need to have an aerial installed on the roof of your home.
4G RBI speeds are usually fast enough to stream Netflix smoothly and use multiple devices connected to the internet at once.
of rural NZ can access RBI Wireless Broadband
RBI Wireless Towers located accross the country
addresses with RBI Wireless Broadband access
speeds available on most towers
Product Terms & Setup
- $99 one-off on a 24 month contract (includes setup, postage, provisioning, etc.).
- Want an open term option? Buy the RBI Modem for only $329 and you can give us 30 days notice anytime!
Not in a 'PnP' (self-install) coverage area?
- We can ship you an external antenna and a 10m cable for $119.
Need a hand installing the antenna?
- We have a nationwide network of trusted contractors – we can arrange one of them to install the aerial for you for $249 + $1.15 per kilometre for their mileage (standard install).
Top-up Data Packs
If you run out of data, your account will auto top up with a 1GB data pack, up to 4 times. After this, your connection will stop, and you will need to manually purchase one of the data packs below to get back up and running.
- 5GB – $15.50 per month
- 10GB – $27.50 per month
- 20GB – $48.50 per month
- 50GB – $99.50 per month
- 100GB – $189.50 per month
We do this so you don’t incur large over usage bills.
It’s easy to change the frequency of auto top ups within your MyHub account. Here’s a couple scenarios on how you can control your auto top ups:
- You can set your connection to stop as soon as you have run out of data, and manually add a top up from within your MyHub account.
- You can set various data pack sizes to auto top up e.g. 5GB data pack to auto top up to 5 times, or 1GB up to 2 times.
You’ve got the control.
Our top-up data packs are flexible and are are valid for the month they are bought in, so only purchase as much as you need for the remainder of the month.
- Remote support – Free
- Technician call out – $113.85 + Mileage of $1.15 per km from the nearest technician’s base
Early Exit Fee
- An early exit fee of $458.85 applies – 0-12 months
- An early exit fee of $263.35 applies – 13-24 months
- Factors such as network congestion at peak hours and downloads in progress may affect the actual speed
- This is a best efforts residential service and is not to be used for business or re-sale